After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Qarb®, Corneel Smitslei 100, 2150 Borsbeek, België.
Collecting Personal Information
- Purpose of collection:to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection:collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags and/or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose:shared with our processor Shopify.
- Personal Information collected:version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection:to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection:collected from you directly.
- Disclosure for a business purpose:shared with our processors Shopify and ShopWeDo.
- Personal Information collected:name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address and phone number.
Customer support information
- Purpose of collection:to provide customer support.
- Source of collection:collected from you
- Disclosure for a business purpose:n/a
- Personal Information collected:name, email address.
Sharing Personal Information
We do not share Personal Information with third parties unless we’re required to do so. In such situations we limit the data shared to the absolute minimum. If you have questions regarding the third parties that may have received your Personal Information, you can always contact us.
Processors with whom we have to share your Personal Information are:
- Shopify: we use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- ShopWeDo: We use ShopWeDo to process all our orders and ship your products to you. You can read more about how ShopWeDo uses Personal Information here: https://www.shopwedo.com/privacy-policy-en-cookies/.
It is possible that we combine or remove parts of the Personal Information obtained to be able to anonymize and/or aggregate data, assuring that the data can’t lead to a specific person. All connections between you and the remaining data will be removed.
In the event that we’re asked to share Personal Information as part of a legal procedure, we will have to do so but we will always limit the information shared to the absolute minimum. Furthermore we may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Transfer to third countries
We do not transfer Personal Information or other information from you to organizations or persons in third countries (countries and/or organizations outside the EU and EEA). Data, including Personal Information, is always stored, and processed by us within the European Union.
Please note that any of our processors may decide to transfer Personal Information outside of the EEA. We advise you to review the links to our processors’ privacy policies above for more information on how they process and store your Personal Information.
Storage and Retention
We store your personal data in line with the legal provisions of the GDPR.
We take all appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures necessary to protect and secure the collected Personal Information and take all reasonable and appropriate measures to verify the real identity of every person who wishes to make use of the services of QARB and/or who wishes to exercise his/her rights under the GDPR.
Despite the fact that QARB takes all appropriate measures to store and protect the Personal Information in its possession in a correct and efficient manner, we cannot fully guarantee the protection of any information in our possession (ie. Intentional hacking).
When you place an order at QARB through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records for a period of five (5) years, unless you ask us to erase your Personal Information (‘right to be forgotten’). For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
Using Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we process your Personal Information under the following lawful bases:
- The performance of the contract between you and QARB;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- Your consent;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
QARB does not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. You may also request us to stop using your Personal Information upon further notice. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
As a visitor of the Site, you can choose what types of cookies you allow.
A full list of the cookies used can be found at www.qarb.eu/cookie-policy.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/burger/startpagina.
Last updated: 4th of July 2022